91% would make again
Vegan Mushroom, Pepper, & Olive Pizza
featured in Healthy Vegan Pizza Recipes
for 4 servings
Mushroom Walnut Mixture
- ½ cup raw walnut (50 g)
- 10 oz cremini mushroom (300 g), sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup yellow onion (50 g), finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds
- kosher salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 lb pizza dough (455 g)
- ⅓ cup marinara sauce (85 g)
- ½ cup shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- ¼ cup black olive (45 g), sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- Calories 538
- Fat 26g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a food processor, pulse the walnuts until mostly crumbly, about 10 pulses. Add the mushrooms and pulse again until crumbly, but do not to overprocess.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, until semi-translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another 2-3 minutes, until fragrant. Add the mushroom walnut mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes, until most of the liquid from the mushrooms has been released and evaporated. Add the soy sauce, paprika, fennel, salt, and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes more, until the mushroom mixture begins crisp slightly. Remove from the heat.
- Use your hands to stretch the pizza dough into a circle about 14 inches (35 cm) in diameter and ½-inch (1 ¼ cm) thick. Lay on a sheet of parchment paper.
- Spread the marinara sauce over the pizza dough in an even layer, then sprinkle with the vegan mozzarella. Top with the mushroom walnut mixture, olives, and bell pepper.
- Bake for 14-16 minute, until the crust is lightly golden around the edges.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve.