88% would make again
Vegan Pad Thai
featured in Tasty Noodle Recipes
Experience a flavor explosion with this Vegan Pad Thai, packed with colorful veggies and a tangy tamarind sauce. You'll be whipping up this scrumptious, guilt-free dish in no time, satisfying your Thai food cravings without missing the meat!
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ¼ cup rice vinegar (60 mL)
- ⅓ cup soy sauce (80 mL)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar (75 g)
- ¼ cup vegan worcestershire (60 mL)
- ¼ cup tamarind paste (55 g)
- 8 oz dried rice noodles (225 g)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ bunch green onion, or chinese chives. sliced plus more for serving
- 2 red thai chiles, sliced, plus more for serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled into ribbons
- ½ cup bean sprout (50 g)
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanut (30 g)
- 8 oz tofu (110 g), cooked, cubed
- Calories 1013
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 157g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 52g
- Protein 30g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Soak the rice noodles in room-temperature water for 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Make the sauce: in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and tamarind paste.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon. Remove the sauce from the heat and set aside.
- Heat a large cast-iron pan or wok over high heat. Add the peanut oil, scallions, chiles, and garlic. Stir, and cook for about 2 minutes until scallions soften.
- Add the carrots, stir to incorporate, and cook for about 1 minute. Add the bean sprouts and stir to incorporate.
- Add soaked rice noodles and stir to evenly distribute all ingredients, then stir for 1-2 minutes to heat the noodles through.
- Add the sauce and stir to combine.
- Add the tofu, stir to incorporate, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Serve immediately with peanuts, bean sprouts, scallions, and red chiles, if desired.