Vegan Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit a recipe here!
for 12 servings
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (150 g)
- ¼ cup white sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cold water (180 mL)
- ½ cup vegetable oil (120 mL)
- 2 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups powdered sugar (220 g)
- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g)
- ½ cup vegetable shortening (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Calories 443
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 45g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Whisk together until well combined.
- In a medium bowl combine the wet ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Using a spatula mix everything together until just combined. No need to worry about lumps so don’t over mix!
- Divide batter evenly between the liners. Bake for 18-20 minutes until the center cupcakes are golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and refrigerate until completely cool.
- While cooling, make the frosting! Combine the powdered sugar, vegan butter, vegetable shortening and vanilla extract using a stand or hand mixer. Add in non-dairy milk one tablespoon at a time until you achieve the desired consistency.
- In a small bowl mix together sugar and cinnamon.
- Once the cupcakes are cool, frost, and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar on the cupcakes.