This hearty and flavorful stuffing is perfect for any holiday meal. Made with fresh herbs, veggies, and bread, it's a vegan-friendly dish that everyone will love.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 10 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parlsey, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ½ tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 ½ loaves white bread, cubed
- 5 cups low sodium vegetable broth (1.2 L)
- Calories 457
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Heat the oil in a medium pot over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and celery and cook for 5-6 minutes, until the onion is semi-translucent and the celery has softened a bit.
- Add the apple and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the salt, pepper, parsley, rosemary, thyme, and sage and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the herbs are fragrant.
- Add in about a ¼ of the cubed bread and 1 cup (240 ml) of the vegetable broth.
- Stir well until bread cubes cook down. Continue, alternating between adding bread and broth, until everything has cooked down but the stuffing is still slightly chunky.
- Transfer to a large baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then uncover and bake for another 10 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve warm.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.