Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- ⅓ cup unsweetened plain almond milk (80 mL)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more to taste
- 16 oz extra firm tofu (450 g), drained and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, diced
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper (50 g), diced
- ½ cup kale (20 g), chopped, stems removed
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 8 veggie breakfast sausage patties, cooked according to package
- 1 La Brea Bakery® French Bread Loaf,, sliced and toasted
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, turmeric, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- On a plate, use your hands or a potato masher to crumble the tofu into small, bite-size pieces resembling scrambled eggs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallions and cook for 1–2 minutes, until starting to soften. Add the tofu, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and the black pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, until warmed through and some of the moisture has evaporated.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in the almond milk mixture. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until liquid starts to reduce. Add the red bell pepper and kale, and cook for 2–3 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the scramble topped with avocado, with the veggie sausage patties and toasted slices of La Brea Bakery® French Bread Loaf alongside.