Vegetable Quinoa Biryani
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 whole dry chili peppers
- 2 whole bay leaves
- ½ cinnamon stick, broken into pieces
- 4 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon whole cumin seeds, jeeru
- 1 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 cup mixed vegetable (150 g)
- 2 green chiles, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric, hardar
- 1 teaspoon salt, (adjust based on taste preference)
- 2 teaspoons biryani masala pack
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 4 cups cooked quinoa (680 g)
- Calories 572
- Fat 18g
- Carbs 85g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat avocado oil in a pan. To this, add whole spices like bay leaves, cinnamon sticks, dry chili peppers, cloves and whole cumin seeds.
- Once the spices start to sizzle, add the chopped veggies and garlic and ginger.
- Add the remainder of the spices and water and mix well.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, until veggies have softened and the flavors have incorporated.
- In a separate pan, alternate with a bed of quinoa layered with the cooked veggies.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.