74% would make again
Vegetarian “Lobster” Rolls
featured in When Old Bay Is Bae
A vegetarian twist on the classic lobster roll! Filled with meaty hearts of palm, celery, and onion tossed in a creamy dressing, this meatless delight is topped with dill and chives served on a toasted bun for a satisfying crunch.
May 05, 2023
for 4 servings
- 28 oz hearts of palm (795 g), 2 jars, drained
- celery, 1 large stalk, or 2 small stalks
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ lemons, juiced
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise (80 g)
- 4 long potato rolls
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Calories 355
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut the hearts of palm into oblique chunks and add them to a large bowl.
- Mince the celery and add to the bowl with the hearts of palm.
- Add the dill, chives, Old Bay seasoning, salt, pepper, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and stir to combine.
- Brush the insides of the potato buns with the melted butter.
- Toast in a medium skillet over low heat for 2-3 minutes, until golden.
- Fill the buns with the hearts of palm mixture.
- Garnish with chives.