These crispy and flavorful vegetarian potstickers are filled with mushrooms, cabbage, and carrots, and served with a savory soy dipping sauce. Perfect as an appetizer or a light lunch.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil, plus 2 teaspoons, divided
- 1 finely diced yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups finely diced mushrooms (150 g)
- ¼ cup finely diced bell pepper (25 g), finely diced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (200 g)
- 2 cups shredded carrots (220 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions (150 g)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- wonton wrapper
- ¼ cup water (60 mL), plus more for sealing dumplings
- dipping sauce
- Calories 155
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a deep pan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion, ginger, and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and bell peppers to the pan. Cook until the mushrooms are softened.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until tender, then remove the pan from the heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, add the cilantro, green onions, soy sauce, sesame oil, cooking sherry, and sugar. Mix well.
- Add a spoonful of the vegetable mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper. Dip your finger in water and run it around the edge of the dough. Fold the dough over the filling, pleating and pressing the edges together to seal.
- Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the dumplings in the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until a crust has started to form on the bottoms. Pour the water in the pan and cover with a lid. Steam for 6-8 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce or soy sauce.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.