77% would make again
featured in Tasty's Best Dinners Of 2020
These crispy and flavorful veggie nuggets are a nutritious alternative to traditional chicken nuggets, featuring a mixture of cualiflower, carrot, and broccoli. They're great as a snack, appetizer, or even a side dish, for kids and adults alike.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ head cauliflower, broken up
- 1 head broccoli, broken up
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¾ cups bread crumbs (205 g)
- Calories 167
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a food processor, blend carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, garlic, egg, onion powder, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Add 1¼ cup (145 grams) of bread crumbs and blend just until incorporated.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the mixture and form a small circular-shaped “nugget.”
- Place the remaining ½ cup (60 grams) of bread crumbs in a bowl and cover each nugget with the bread crumbs.
- Pan fry with a small drizzle of oil over medium-high heat until both sides are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Or, you can bake them on a piece of parchment paper at 400˚F (200˚C) for 25 minutes, flipping after the first 15 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.