Voting Party Cookies
Voting Party Cookies are the perfect treat for any patriotic occasion! These chewy sugar cookies have a deliciously buttery flavor that's sure to make them a crowd-pleaser.
for 24 cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (375 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (230 g), 2 sticks, cubed and chilled
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- white royal icing
- 2 cups blue royal icing (500 g)
- red royal icing
- light blue royal icing
- 1 cup blue sanding sugar (200 g)
- Calories 259
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 37g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix with a fork.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric hand mixer for 3-5 minutes, until butter and sugar are fully combined, but before the mixture becomes fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, and beat to incorporate. Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined, but crumbly. Finish mixing with your hands until the dough comes together in a ball.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface. Lightly flour the top of the dough and roll out to about ¼-inch thick. Use cookie cutters of your choice to punch out cookies. Place the cookie cut-outs on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned around the edges. Let cool completely.
- Decorate the cookies with royal icing and let dry completely, at least 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.