Warm Spiced Calvados Cocktail
featured in Fall Cocktails Around The World
Calvados is a pear or apple brandy made in Calvados, a department of Normandy in northern France. This easy to make cocktail brings you a complex earthy and fruitful flavor. Only bring the cocktail to a simmer to keep the alcohol from evaporating, and serve this perfect fall cocktail warm.
for 8 servings
- 8 clementines
- 2 cups calvados (480 mL)
- 8 cups apple juice (1.9 L)
- ½ cup dark brown sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon whole cardamom pods
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole star anises
- 1 teaspoon whole clove
- Calories 203
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 43g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel the skins from the clementines, making sure not to include any of the white pith. Set the peels aside. Cut each clementine in half crosswise and juice.
- In a medium pot over medium-low heat, combine the clementine peels and juice, calvados, apple juice, brown sugar, cardamom pods, cinnamon sticks, star anise pods, and cloves. Simmer for 20–25 minutes, without letting the mixture come to a boil. Remove the pot from the heat.
- Ladle the cocktail into mugs and serve warm.