Watermelon Pistachio Salad
August 3rd is National Watermelon Day! This recipe for a summer-inspired watermelon salad is refreshingly juicy and sweet with a tangy kick.
August 14, 2023
for 6 servings
- 6 cups red watermelon (840 g), cubed
- 5 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 10 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup lightly salted pistachios (40 g), chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (30 g)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- 6 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- Calories 191
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 25g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, basil, mint, pistachios, feta, lemon zest, and orange zest.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, honey, pepper, and salt until evenly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the watermelon salad and toss gently until well-coated.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 10 minutes to chill. Just before serving, divide the watermelon salad between serving bowls and drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.