Whole Lime Margarita
These whole lime margaritas pack a zesty punch! Skip the tedious juicing and throw everything into the blender for a sustainable twist on the classic. Don’t forget the salt rims! This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
for 2 servings
- 1 lime, thin-skinned, washed
- kosher salt, for coating rims
- ⅓ cup tequila blanco (80 mL)
- ½ cup filtered water (120 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur, such as Cointreau
- ice, for serving
- 2 lime wheels, for garnish
- Calories 212
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Trim off the very ends of the lime, then cut the lime lengthwise into quarters.
- Rub one of the lime quarters around the rims of two glasses, then dip the rims in salt to coat.
- Add the lime quarters, tequila, water, sugar, and orange liqueur, to a blender. Blend on high speed until the lime is broken down and only small specks of green remain, 1–2 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a spouted measuring cup to remove any solids, pressing to extract as much liquid as possible.
- Fill the glasses with ice, then evenly divide the margarita mixture between the two. Garnish each glass with a lime wheel and serve immediately.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.