94% would make again
Whole Wheat French Toast
featured in Waffle Press 4 Ways
Indulge in a wholesome and tasty breakfast with this whole wheat french toast recipe. With a crispy exterior and soft, fluffy interior, this breakfast staple is perfect for any lazy morning. Top with your favorite fruits and a drizzle of syrup for a delicious start to your day.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (240 mL), of choice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Calories 57
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat Griddler, fitted with the griddle plates, to 375°F (190°C), and grease with nonstick spray.
- Use a whisk to beat the eggs in a 9x13-inch (23x33-cm) casserole dish until smooth.
- Add the milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt, and whisk until smooth and well combined.
- Dunk the bread in the batter, 4 slices at a time, until just soaked. Do not let the bread soak in the wet ingredients too long or it will become too wet and fall apart when you attempt to pick it up.
- Transfer the soaked bread to the Griddler and cook for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, drizzle with maple syrup, and serve.