90% would make again
Winter Vegetable Chili
Get cozy with a steaming bowl of chili that will warm you up from the inside out. Loaded with hearty vegetables and simmered in a flavorful tomato base, this chili is a comforting and nutritious meal. Topped with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh herbs, it's the perfect dish to savor during the colder months.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- olive oil, to taste
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- kosher salt, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups parsnip (450 g), peeled and diced
- 3 cups butternut squash (615 g), peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- 1 ½ teaspoons chipotle powder
- 28 oz cannellini bean (795 g), drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (10 g), chopped, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups vegetable broth (960 mL)
- shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Calories 638
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 67g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, season with salt, and cook until the onion starts to sweat and become translucent, 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, 2 minutes more.
- Add the parsnips and butternut squash and season with salt, paprika, oregano, cumin, allspice, and chipotle powder. Stir to coat the vegetables with the spices. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the cannellini beans, cilantro, and vegetable broth. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil for 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, until the chili is thickened and the vegetables are cooked through.
- Ladle the chili into bowls and top with cilantro and cheddar cheese.