World’s Best Homemade Chicken Soup
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 10 servings
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, halved
- 6 large stalks celery, cut in half
- 6 large carrots, cut in half
- 4 cloves garlic, optional
- 1 cup your favorite pasta (200 g), (I recommend using smaller shapes such as stelline, orzo, pastina, or any other similar shapes)
- Calories 296
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fill a large pot with water and then add the chicken and onion. Cook over medium heat until the pot is brought to a slight boil or simmer, and set the kitchen timer for 4 hours
- After 3 hours of cooking time, rinse the celery and carrots and add them to the pot (if you’d like, also add the garlic cloves). Let all of the vegetables cook along with the onion and chicken for the remaining hour
- After everything is finished cooking, carefully remove the chicken, onion, and all of the vegetables to a large bowl and let cool slightly before storing in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Add your favorite pasta to the pot and let look according to the package directions or until al dente/tender.