90% would make again
“Worms and Dirt” Poke Box Cake
featured in Snacks From The 90's You Can Make at Home
June 10, 2019
for 12 servings
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (80 mL)
- 3 eggs
- 4 oz pudding mix (115 g)
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 2 cups whipped cream (480 g)
- 2 cups crushed cookie (200 g)
- 2 cups gummy worm (365 g)
- ¼ cup chocolate fudge sauce (55 g)
- Calories 640
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 106g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 63g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (175˚C).
- In a large bowl, add the chocolate cake mix, water, vegetable oil, and eggs and whisk until well combined.
- Add the batter to a 9x13 inch (23x33cm) oven proof baking dish, and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Add the pudding mix and milk to a bowl. Whisk until well combined. Fold in the whipped cream and crushed cookies until evenly incorporated.
- Let the cake rest for 20 minutes.
- Using the base of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake and fill with the gummy worms.
- Drizzle the cake with chocolate fudge sauce.
- Use a spatula to spread the whipped cream and cookie mixture over the cake.
- Transfer to the fridge to chill for 1 hour.
- Top the cake with remaining gummy worms and crushed cookies.