97% would make again
Zesty Lime Chicken Black Bean And Rice
featured in 5 Amazing Recipes You Can Make Using Rice
for 4 servings
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 cup white rice (200 g)
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (355 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (20 g), chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 lime
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 617
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 39g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season both sides of the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil and place the chicken skin side down for about 5 minutes or until skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and add the onions and cook until they’re translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil and onions, and toast for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic then pour in the chicken stock and place the chicken on top of the rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until rice is cooked.
- Once cooked, take the chicken out and add in the cilantro, black beans, and the juice of one lime. Mix until well-incorporated.
- Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with cilantro.