Zesty Lime Chicken, Black Beans, And Rice
featured in 5 Amazing Recipes You Can Make Using Rice
Bursting with flavor, this chicken dish is a fiesta for your taste buds! Whip up this easy, one-pan meal for a weeknight dinner that's sure to impress.
November 15, 2023
97% would make again
for 4 servings
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 cup uncooked white rice (200 g)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth (355 mL)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (20 g), plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- Calories 289
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, high-walled skillet over medium heat. Place the chicken thighs in the pan, skin-side down, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until skin is golden brown. Flip the chicken and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add the onion to the same pan and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the rice, stir to coat in the oil, and toast for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, then pour in the chicken broth. Place the chicken, skin-side up, on top of the rice. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and stir in the black beans, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Serve the chicken over the rice, garnished with more cilantro.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.