94% would make again
Zesty Spinach Dip
featured in 4 Dorm-Friendly Microwavable Recipes
for 6 servings
- 20 oz frozen spinach (570 g)
- 6 oz cream cheese (170 g), cubed
- 1 ¼ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (125 g), divided
- 5 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon Tasty Zesty Spice Blend, plus more for topping
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- chip, or carrots or celery sticks, for serving
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 210
- Fat 15g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave the spinach until completely defrosted, about 5 minutes. Remove from the microwave and let sit until cool enough to handle, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the spinach to a surface lined with 4 paper towels. Gather the towels around the spinach and position over the bowl. Wring out to remove all of the moisture. Discard any excess liquid that accumulates in the bottom of the bowl.
- Return the spinach to the bowl and add the cream cheese, 1 cup (100 g) shredded mozzarella, 4 tablespoons Parmesan, the zesty spice blend, and salt.
- Microwave for 4 minutes, stirring halfway, until the cream cheese is completely softened and the mozzarella is melted. Stir well to combine, then microwave for 30 seconds more to melt any remaining cream cheese clumps.
- Top with remaining ¼ cup mozzarella and tablespoon of Parmesan. Return to the microwave for 1½-2 minutes, until the mozzarella on top is melted. Sprinkle with more zesty spice blend.
- Serve with chips, carrots, or celery.