97% would make again
Zucchini Almond Bread
June 10, 2019
for 6 slices
- 8 oz crushed pineapple (225 g), 1 can, with juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (240 mL), or oil of your choice
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 2 cups zucchini (300 g), grated
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour (375 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped almond (100 g)
- thinly sliced almond, for topping
- ¼ tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup powdered sugar (80 g)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Calories 994
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 124g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 65g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, chopped almonds) in a bowl, and set aside.
- Preheated oven at 350ºF (175ºC).
- In a new bowl, combine pineapple, eggs, vegetable oil, sugar, brown sugar, zucchini, and vanilla, and mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients gradually into the wet ingredients bowl, and mix them until smooth.
- Spray your baking pan and pour in the mixture, top with sliced almonds.
- Bake for 60 minutes (times may vary depending on oven), and check for doneness with a toothpick.
- While baking, mix your glaze ingredients together until smooth.
- Let the bread cool down, drizzle with the glaze!