96% would make again
Zucchini And Corn Frittata
featured in Everything You Need To Know About A Cast Iron
June 10, 2019
for 6 servings
- 10 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream (60 mL)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 6 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups thinly sliced zucchini (300 g)
- 1 cup corn (175 g), fresh or frozen and thawed
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- fresh parsley, for garnish, chopped
- Calories 487
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 33g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of salt, and the ricotta.
- Heat a 12-inch (30 cm) cast-iron or stainless steel skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bacon and cook until crisp, 3–5 minutes. Using tongs, transfer the bacon from the pan to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook until caramelized, 8–10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the zucchini and sauté until starting to soften, 2–3 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini softens further but is still bright green. Season with the remaining teaspoon of salt and the black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan over the vegetables, then top with the crispy bacon.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 12–15 minutes, until the top is puffed and the eggs are cooked through.
- Garnish with parsley, then serve directly from the skillet.