91% would make again
Zucchini Enchilada Roll-Ups
featured in 6 Mexican Recipes To Make Tonight!
A healthy and low-carb alternative to traditional enchiladas, made with zucchini strips filled with a savory chicken and cheese mixture and baked in a flavorful enchilada sauce.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (250 g)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (200 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce (290 g), plus more for serving
- 4 zucchinis
- chopped fresh cilantro, for ganish
- Calories 723
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 28g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 53g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, mix together chicken, onion, red bell pepper, jalapeño, 1 cup of Monterey Jack, the enchilada sauce, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
- With a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini into ribbons. Once you can no longer peel a whole piece of zucchini, peel the rest into smaller strips and save for zoodles!
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C). Grease a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick spray.
- Spoon the chicken mixture onto a zucchini ribbon and roll up. Arrange in the prepared springform pan.
- Bake the zucchini roll-ups for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the remaining cup of Monterey Jack cheese and bake for 10 minutes more, until the cheese has melted.
- Transfer to a plate and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately with more enchilada sauce alongside.