94% would make again
featured in Spinach Pasta Vs. Zucchini Pasta
Inspired by skinnytaste.com
for 5 servings
- 4 zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 1 cup bread crumbs (115 g)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups cooked pasta (800 g)
- marinara sauce
- Calories 832
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 138g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut off the bottoms of each zucchini and use a cheese grater or box grater to shred into a large bowl. Sprinkle salt on top, toss, and let rest in a colander in the sink for 20 minutes to pull out excess moisture.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Using a dish towel, squeeze out excess liquid from the shredded zucchini. Move the zucchini to a dry bowl and add the egg, ricotta bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, pepper, olive oil, onion, and garlic. Stir until evenly mixed, then form the mixture into golf ball-sized balls.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until browned, flipping halfway through.
- Serve over pasta with marinara sauce.