97% would make again
Low-Carb Zucchini "Ravioli"
featured in Spinach Pasta Vs. Zucchini Pasta
Inspired by halfbakedharvest.com
for 2 servings
- 2 medium zucchinis
- olive oil, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (80 g), chopped
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely sliced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- Calories 475
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Cut off the end of each zucchini then using a vegetable peeler, peel each zucchini into wide strips.
- Transfer the zucchini strips to a plate then layer two strips vertically and two strips horizontally to make a cross. Repeat process with remaining strips.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil then garlic and sauté for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 1-2 minutes, until wilted down.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach and garlic. Add the ricotta, basil, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Using a spoon or cookie scoop, scoop approximately 1 tablespoon of the mixture and place in the middle of each zucchini noodle cross.
- Fold each side to seal the ricotta mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- In a baking dish pour the marinara sauce then smooth with a spatula.
- Evenly place the zucchini raviolis then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with fresh basil.