94% would make again
Zucchini Shrimp Scampi
featured in Low-Carb Zucchini "Pasta" 4 Ways
This light and refreshing dish features tender shrimp and zucchini noodles in place of traditional wheat noodles, all tossed in a zesty garlic and lemon sauce.
May 05, 2023
for 6 servings
- 4 medium zucchinis
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp (455 g), or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup low-sodium chicken broth (60 mL)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Calories 164
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Using a coarse cheese grater, slide the zucchini down the grater, shaving of long strips. Rotate the zucchini constantly, grating all sides, until you reach the seeds in the center.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet.
- Add the shrimp in and season with the salt, black pepper, red pepper, and garlic. Sauté the shrimp, until they evenly begin to show a pink color, about 3 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth and lemon juice, and let the liquid come to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini noodles and stir until everything is combined and the shrimp are fully cooked.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley leaves and serve.