The Secret To Delicious Cauliflower Pizza Is Lots And Lots Of Cheese
A low-carb recipe that will satisfy even the most intense pizza craving.
You've probably noticed by now that low-carb cauliflower foods are kind of a ~thing~.
You're right to be skeptical. The thing about this cauliflower pizza, though, is that it's roughly 83% cheese.
Here are all the ingredients you'll need:
1. Core the cauliflower and cut it into florets.
You can throw the core away, or use it for something else.
2. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it's the consistency of rice.
3. Spread the riced cauliflower over a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake in a 425°F oven until it's tender and browning on the edges, about 15 minutes.
5. Put the cooked cauliflower in a large mixing bowl and add 1 beaten egg...
6. ...1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese...
7. ...and 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
8. Stir everything together until you have a sticky mixture that's uniform throughout.
9. Transfer the mixture to a parchment-lined baking sheet coated with nonstick spray and spread it into an oval crust that's about 1/4-inch thick.
10. Bake in the 425°F oven until the crust is lightly browned all over and starting to turn dark brown on the edges, 10 to 15 minutes.
11. Spread 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over the crust, leaving a little room around the edges.
12. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of cheese over the sauce. You can also add some torn basil, if you want.
13. Bake in the 425°F oven until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, 5-7 minutes.
14. Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes, then cut into that baby.
Enjoy your 'za!
Cheesy Cauliflower Pizza
1 small head of cauliflower, cored and cut into florets
1 large egg, beaten
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
nonstick cooking spray
1/2 cup tomato sauce
1/4 cup basil leaves (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it's the consistency of rice. Spread the riced cauliflower over the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven until it's tender and starting to brown just a little around the edges, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a large mixing bowl and add the beaten egg, 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir together until the mixture is sticky and uniform throughout.
Line the same baking sheet with a new sheet of parchment paper and coat with nonstick spray. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to the baking sheet and use your hands to press it into an oval-shaped crust that's about 1/4-inch thick. Bake in the preheated oven until it's lightly browned all over and starting to turn dark brown around the edges, about 10 minutes.
Spread the tomato sauce over the lightly browned crust, leaving just a little room around the edges. Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top, then garnish with the torn basil leaves, if you're using them. Bake in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and starting to brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes, then slice and serve!