33 Ways To Organize A Tiny Kitchen That'll End Up Making A Big, Big Difference
Small kitchen? No problem.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Make the most out of narrow cabinets with a stackable, two-tier basket drawer. The days of standing on your tippy-toes looking for the cinnamon that somehow got lost in a sea of jars is in the past.
2. Save that important counter real estate by tossing your room temp-friendly produce in a hanging basket. Now whether you eat it before it goes bad is a different story.
3. Find a new place for your coffee mugs (that always end up consuming sooo much space) by hanging a rustic wood shelf with hooks.
4. Or for something on the simpler side, use small tension rods and S-hooks to prop mugs up and create extra space below for more glassware.
5. Declutter your pantry from the half-empty boxes and random chip bags by trading them in for air-tight food containers. This is some Instagram-level organization that gets my blood pumping!!!
6. Try your hand at a DIY project that'll give you trendy kitchen storage for all your utensils. I mean, this is too cute not to add to your kitchen, right?!
7. Keep all those unorganized cans in one easily accessible place with a beverage dispenser. It holds 12-ounce cans so you can keep one in the pantry for soups and other canned goods!
8. Hang up a magnetic knife strip to give your packed drawers some relief and more room for other utensils.
9. Get your sink a roll-up drying rack that you and your DRY countertops will be thrilled to have around. And for those with minimal cooking space, this can be used for washing veggies!
10. Utilize even the teeniest of spaces with a slim storage unit that you can slip into a narrow crevice or convenient area, and then slide out when you need something because it has WHEELS! It hardly takes up any space, yet holds so much. #Blessed.
11. Add a small wine rack under your cabinets because having vino in an easy-to-reach place is adult rule number one. This will also take you like five minutes to assemble, and I will cheers to that. *clink*
12. Use tiny hook screws (or Command hooks!) and cute decals on the inside of a cabinet door for a measuring cup storage system that takes up practically zero space.
13. Organize your never-ending collection of water (...and wine) bottles with a stackable drink vessel rack. This will help you actually see everything and ensure no bottle gets lost in the black hole that is the back of a cabinet.
14. Give your dish-cleaning supplies their own tidy home in the corner of your sink courtesy of this small (but mighty) caddy. It has two drain holes for brushes and sponges, plus suction cups to make sure it stays in its place.
15. Transform a plastic file holder into a fridge shelf that'll keep smaller foods — like yogurts, eggs, and leftovers — in neat order and give you more room for other things.
16. And, use the magazine organizer version as a convenient way to store baggies, foil, and bottles. You can leave 'em under the sink or attach to the inside of the cabinet with Command strips...and is there anything Command strips CAN'T DO?
17. Treat your cluttered cabinets to a total makeover with a six-piece organizer set. It'll give you a solution to all your storage woes because it comes with three helper shelves and a spice, wrap, and pan rack — basically everything you need to have the most orderly kitchen of your life.
18. Use a pull-down spice rack that can store up to 30 (!!!) bottles and comes with labels so you can always find exactly what you're looking for. Ooh, I am excited just thinking about how much ~thyme~ you're going to save!
19. Put an end to Tupperware lid madness by storing them in a handy bin designed to keep them upright. Imagine living in a world where you can open up your cabinet and not be attacked by a waterfall of crashing lids!
20. Think of your fridge as a great storage opportunity for non-refrigerated goods. These magnetic racks stick to the side and offer up more space for utensils, spices, paper towels, dish rags, and whatever else you can think up.
21. Tidy up your fridge and freezer (and then keep it that way) by storing food in this six-piece bin set. Consider this your new way to keep track of everything in your fridge — no more moldy leftovers hiding in the back, stinking up the place.
22. Hang up wall mount baskets to hold fruits and veggies, jarred foods, cleaning supplies, and so on. Really, these things are so versatile so ~go bananas~.
23. Easily access your pots and pans with the best invention ever: this standing rack. May you never again shout another profane word from trying to remove one pot just to have them all tumbled out on you.
24. Or if you need to save the limited room you have for other things, you can hang your small pans on a wall-mount organizer. It comes with handy accessories (like hooks for pans) that'll give you quick access to all your kitchen essentials.
25. Add some much needed function to any cabinet with a pullout shelf system. When you need something, just slide out so you can see EVERYTHING, grab, and you're done. Ahhh, so easy.
26. Keep on takin' advantage of ALL the cabinet doors in your kitchen and use an over-the-door-organizer for holding a variety of things like cutting boards, cleaners, and cooking sprays. Get creative people, the kitchen is your oyster!
27. And for the other door, hang a shopping bag holder because we're all adults here and it's time to stop shoving them in the back of your cabinets.
28. Give your messy drawer the makeover it deserves with a simple DIY project you can handle, promise. All you need is a pegboard, some dowels, and a few craft supplies!
29. 🗣🗣 Recycle the tea boxes taking over your pantry and replace them with THIS: The ultimate tea stand organizer that can hold up to 100 bags!!!
30. Trade up any old, bulky measuring spoons for a set of magnetic stackable ones. These are double sided and stick together — and hey we already savin' space here, folks!
31. And while were on the subject of warm, cozy beverages, slip a coffee pod organizer under your coffee pot or Keurig so you have all your sugar packets, K-cups, and creamers at your disposal (and NOT tossed around the kitchen).
32. Assign your over-the-door shoe organizer a new job and use it for storing cleaning products, snacks, baby food, and soooo many other kitchen things.
33. And lastly, place Lazy Susan turntables in the corners of your pantry to transform it into a tidy wonderland where you can *actually* find the things that get pushed to the back just to never be seen again!
Let's celebrate your very tidy, organized kitchen!
And because organization doesn't stop in the kitchen, check out these posts:
25 Organization Products You Can Get On Amazon That People Actually Swear By
24 Organization Products That’ll Give You Dramatic Before-And-After Photos
32 Organization Products That'll Make Living With Roommates Bearable