24 Meatless Monday Recipes For Vegans, Vegetarians, And Creative Cooks
A little inspiration for your next meat-free meal.
Surely you've heard the phrase "Meatless Monday" before.
And if you haven't, I'll quickly explain: it's literally just swapping a vegetarian dish for your regularly scheduled meat-filled dinner once per week.
But DID YOU KNOW that it's not just about your health — it's for the environment, too.
Per the official Meatless Monday website, there are three key impacts going meatless can do for the environment:
• It reduces fuel dependence on fossil fuel energy since meat based protein is far higher than that of grain-based protein produce.
• It minimizes water usage because the water needs of livestock are much greater than those of vegetables and grains.
• It reduces production of greenhouse gasses carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide — something meat production produces at a significantly higher rate than vegetables.
Got it? Good! Now let's move on to some really tasty recipes for your next Meatless Monday.
1. Macaroni Skillet
2. Classic Chickpea Meatloaf
A meatloaf that looks so "meaty" you won't believe it. Get the recipe here.
3. Buffalo Cauliflower Pizza
Tastes so much like the real thing you may not even notice there's no actual chicken in it. Like it hot? Get the recipe here.
4. Avocado Pasta
Turning your avocado into a carbonara sauce is simple, yet so delicious. Get the recipe here.
5. All-American Quinoa Chili Fries
Sign me up. Get the recipe here.
6. Roasted Chickpea Gyros
7. General Tso's Cauliflower
So tasty you won't even miss the real deal. Get the recipe here.
8. Vegan Potstickers
When you make your own potstickers you can fill them with whatever you want. Get the recipe here.
9. Hawaiian BBQ Tofu Bowls
Pretend you're in a tropical paradise with this good-for-you bowl. Get the recipe here.
10. Vegetarian Meatballs in an Apricot Balsamic Sauce
Serve them as an appetizer or as the main part of your meal! Get the recipe here.
11. Grilled Chevre and Pesto Sandwich
12. Wild Rice Burrito Bowl with Cilantro-Avocado Dressing
All the flavors of Mexican food, minus the meat and dairy. Get the recipe here.
13. Hummus and Avocado Toasts with Roasted Tomatoes
Amazing presentation for such a simple recipe. Get the recipe here.
14. Curried Tempeh Salad
Perfect for sandwiches, picnics, or as the side to your favorite meal. Get the recipe here.
15. Easy Veggie Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
16. Easy Ginger Garlic Noodles and Broccoli
You can jazz up this recipe with any veggies you'd like, or go with the author's suggestion and use broccoli and chives. Get the recipe here.
17. Scrambled Tofu and Mushroom Tarts
Phyllo dough is the magic ingredient for so many things. Get the recipe here.
18. Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpea Croutons
Three words: Crispy. Chickpea. Croutons. Yes, please! Get the recipe here.
19. Scrambled Tofu Breakfast Tacos
Eat like the people of Austin, Texas and get with the breakfast taco craze. Get the recipe here.
20. Green Goddess Pizza
I'm drooling. Get the recipe here.
21. Homemade Veggie Burger
There's just something so satisfying about making a veggie burger with your own hands. Get the recipe here.
22. Vegan Sausage Rolls
23. Gluten Free Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto + noodles + tomatoes + olives = get in my belly! Get the recipe here.
24. Veggie Meatball Subs
Be a HERO (heh) and make this dinner for your fam. Get the recipe here.