91% would make again
featured in 5 Recipes Almost Too Cute To Eat
Unleash your wild side with these adorable Animal Pancakes! A fun and creative breakfast treat that will bring out the inner artist in you while satisfying your morning cravings.
May 05, 2023
for 4 pancakes
- 6 cups pancake mix (720 g), prepared
- strawberry, for decoration
- blueberry, for decoration
- banana, for decoration
- chocolate chip, for decoration
- maple syrup, to top, optional
- Calories 911
- Fat 7g
- Carbs 183g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 39g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Prepare pancake mix per box instructions.
- Heat a nonstick pan or pancake griddle on medium heat. For large pancakes, pour 1 cup (235 ml) of batter onto the pan. For small pancakes, pour a little less than ¼ cup (60 ml) of batter onto the pan. For medium pancakes, pour ⅓ cup (80 ml) of batter onto the pan.
- Allow to cook until bubbles form and begin to pop all around the pancake. The pancake will also lose its shiny sheen and begin to look more matte. Flip and cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes, or until the bottom is lightly browned.
- For the lion pancake, you’ll need 1 large pancake, 1 small pancake, sliced strawberries for the mane and nose, blueberries for the eyes, and chocolate chips for the mouth.
- For the monkey pancake, you’ll need 1 large pancake, 2 small pancakes, 1 medium pancake, blueberries for the eyes and nose, and chocolate chips for the mouth.
- For the owl pancake, you’ll need 1 large pancake, sliced bananas for the eyes and feathers, blueberries for the eyes, and sliced strawberries for the beak and wings.
- For the pig pancake, you’ll need 1 large pancake, 1 small pancake, chocolate chips for the snout, blueberries for the eyes, and sliced strawberries for the ears.
- Make your favorite animal pancakes and top with syrup, or another favorite pancake topping.