Co-Keto (Puerto Rican Coconut Eggnog)
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 12 servings
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (480 mL)
- 1 oz coconut oil (25 g)
- 2 cans cream of coconut, 27 ounces (765 grams)
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, 13.5 ounces (380 grams)
- 1 cup rum (240 mL)
- ½ cup warm water (120 mL)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- keto-friendly sweetener of choice, such as stevia, splenda, or monkfruit, to taste
- Calories 563
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a double boiler, combine the egg yolks and heavy whipping cream . Stirring constantly, warm over lightly simmering water until the mixture reaches a 160°F (71°C). Slowly drip in the coconut oil to emulsify. The mix should be smooth and creamy. It should be able to coat the back of a spoon.
- Add the mix to a blender with the cream of coconut, unsweetened coconut milk, rum, water, spices (or use 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice), and vanilla. Blend until smooth. Taste and sweeten to your liking using your preferred keto-friendly sweetener. Pour into glass bottles and chill.