Fig And Brie Bites
These Fig and Brie bites are the easiest fall appetizer, and are just as delicious. Creamy Brie is stuffed into puff pastry squares with tangy fig jam and salty bacon, then baked until golden brown. Garnish with fresh thyme for an herbaceous finish!
for 4 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup fig jam (40 g)
- 24 brie cheeses, rind removed
- ¼ cup crumbled bacon (55 g)
- 1 large egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- fresh thyme, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the sheets of puff pastry and cut into 24 2-inch squares. Place each pastry square in a muffin cup, pressing down so the pastry is flush with the bottom.
- Fill each pastry cup with ½ teaspoon fig jam, 1 square of Brie, and ½ teaspoon bacon.
- Brush the edges of the pastry cups with the egg wash.
- Bake the pastry cups until golden brown and cheese is melted, 10–12 minutes.
- Garnish the bites with thyme, then let cool slightly before serving.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.