Gluten-free Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
A light and refreshing loaf that will be a hit during a summer brunch or for an afternoon snack. The combination of tangy lemon and nutty poppy seeds creates a delicious flavor that's hard to resist.
for 10 servings
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (250 g)
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat greek yogurt (285 g)
- ¾ cup honey (255 g)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ cup poppy seeds (30 g)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Calories 283
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 50g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C.)
- Using a food processor, grind the rolled oats until they have become a fine powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs until pale and foamy.
- Add the Greek yogurt to the eggs and whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Add in the honey, lemon juice, and lemon zest and whisk until well combined.
- Sprinkle the oat flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Fold the ingredients together until no dry oat flour appears.
- Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a golden-brown crust has started to form and the loaf springs back when touched.
- Let the loaf cool for 15 minute before removing it from the pan.
- Slice and serve.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.