Under 30 minutes
for 7 half-pint jars
- 12 oz jalapeño pepper (340 g), (about 12 med)
- 2 cups cider vinegar (480 mL), divided
- 6 cups sugar (1.2 kg)
- 2 pouches Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Prepare boiling water canner. Heat jars in simmering water until ready for use. Do not boil. Wash lids in warm soapy water and set bands aside.
- Purée peppers in food processor or blender with 1 cup (240 ml) cider vinegar until smooth. Do not strain purée.
- Combine purée with remaining 1 cup (240 ml) cider vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Ball® RealFruit™ Liquid Pectin, immediately squeezing entire contents from pouches. Continue to boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim foam if necessary.
- Ladle hot jalapeño jelly into hot jars leaving ¼ inch (6 mm) headspace. Wipe rim. Center lid on jar. Apply band until fit is fingertip tight.
- Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes, adjusting for altitude. Remove jars and cool. Check lids for seal after 24 hours. Lid should not flex up and down when center is pressed.