Malaysian-style Barbecue Pork Belly (Char Siu Pork)
featured in Pork Recipes From Around The World
Succulent pork belly marinated in a sweet and sticky Malaysian-style sauce, then grilled or roasted to perfection for a delicious and flavorful meal.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 2 servings
- 17 oz pork belly (500 g)
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon five spice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 2 pieces preserved tofu, optional, available in local Asian supermarkets
- Place the pork in a bowl along with all the marinade ingredients. Combine and leave to marinade for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
- Place the pork belly on a grill tray.
- Roast the pork belly in the oven for 20 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Nutrition Calories: 1599 Fat: 136 grams Carbs: 54 grams Fiber: 2 grams Sugars: 47 grams Protein: 42 grams
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.