Monte Cristo Rose Bites
Puff pastry is stuffed with raspberry jam, then rolled up with tangy Gruyère cheese and ham slices to create a beautiful rose shape that will surely impress your guests. Think of it like a bite-size Monte Cristo!
for 4 servings
- 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ½ cup raspberry jam (60 g)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère (100 g)
- 10 slices ham, halved
- 1 large egg, beaten
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 1302
- Fat 86g
- Carbs 106g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out the puff pastry, then cut into 1½-inch-wide strips.
- Brush the raspberry jam over each strip.
- Arrange a layer of half-slices of ham on a pastry strip with the straight edges at the center of the strip and the curved edges hanging over the edge of the pastry. Fold the exposed pastry over the ham. Sprinkle some Gruyère cheese over the ham. Starting from one short end, roll the pastry into a tight spiral. Secure the end with a toothpick, if desired. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the pastry roses with the beaten egg.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Transfer the pastry roses to a serving platter and dust with powdered sugar.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.