This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 10 servings
- 2 large egg whites
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, plus 1/2 teaspoon
- ½ cup all purpose flour (65 g)
- ½ cup powdered sugar (55 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- gel food coloring, optional
- buttercream frosting, or any frosting of your choice
- Calories 85
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually add the granulated sugar until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour and powdered sugar together. Then, sift the flour and powdered sugar mixture into the egg white mixture.
- Add the vanilla extract, and gel food coloring if you want the macarons to be colored.
- Gently fold all the ingredients together.
- Transfer the batter into a piping bag with a rounded tip.
- Pipe the macarons onto a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently tap the baking sheet on a flat surface a few times to release air bubbles.
- Let the macarons sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 280°F.
- Bake the macarons for 17-20 minutes.
- Allow the macarons to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer the macarons on to a cooling rack.
- Add a dollop of buttercream or any frosting of your choice to one of the macaron shells, then top it with another macaron shell to create a sandwich. Repeat with the remaining shells and frosting.
- For best results, allow the macarons to “bloom” for about 24 hours.