90% would make again
Spiked Hot Chocolate
for 16 servings
- 3 cups sugar (600 g)
- 1 ¾ cups unsweetened cocoa powder (210 g)
- 14 cups whole milk (3 ¾ L)
- 8 oz peppermint schnapps (225 g)
- 16 large marshmallows
- whipped cream, for garnish
- peppermint candy, crushed, for garnish
- Calories 279
- Fat 4g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 42g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the sugar and cocoa powder to a slow cooker and whisk to combine.
- Add the milk and whisk to incorporate. Turn the heat setting to high, cover, and warm for 30-60 minutes, until steaming. Once steaming, reduce the heat setting to warm.
- Add the peppermint schnapps. Whisk to combine and to ensure the sugar and cocoa powder are fully dissolved. Add the marshmallows.
- Ladle into mugs and top with whipped cream and crushed peppermint candies.