Whipped Ricotta Tartine
Elegant appetizers don’t need fancy ingredients to be tasty. Humble ricotta is whipped with olive oil and lemon zest to create a pillowy bed for zucchini spirals and crispy prosciutto.
for 4 servings
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1 baguette, sliced on the bias into 8 pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more drizzling
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (250 g)
- 1 lemon, zested
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 small zucchini
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic cloves, halved
- 2 tablespoons fresh italian parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 338
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 42g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Arrange the prosciutto slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for about 6 minutes, flipping halfway, until crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Add the baguette slices to another baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil on both sides. Toast in the oven for 7–10 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Meanwhile, add the ricotta, 1 tablespoon olive oil, the lemon zest, and a pinch of salt to a food processor. Blend until whipped and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice the zucchini into ribbons. Transfer to a medium bowl and toss with pepper, salt, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- When ready to assemble, rub each toasted baguette slice on both sides with the cut side of a garlic clove.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the whipped ricotta onto each piece of toast. Wrap the zucchini ribbons around your fingers to curl, then place on the ricotta-topped toast. Top each piece with a crumbled half-slice of crispy prosciutto. Garnish with the parsley, salt, and pepper.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.