99% would make again
Freeze & Bake Chicken Pot Pies
for 6 pot pies
- ⅓ cup butter (75 g)
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 cup milk (240 mL)
- 2 cups chicken broth (480 mL)
- ½ cup flour (60 g)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas (150 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3 refrigerated pie crusts
- 6 disposable foil pot pie pans, or ceramic ramekins
- Calories 969
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 86g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter and cook celery, carrots, and onion until tender.
- Pour in the flour, and mix in well.
- Stirring constantly, add in the milk and chicken broth a little at a time, alternating between the two. Bring to a boil and continue stirring until thickened.
- Add chicken, peas, salt, and pepper, and stir until combined. Remove from heat and cool.
- Roll out pie crust and use the foil pot pie dish as a template. Cut a piece of dough for the bottom of the dish that is about an inch (²¹⁄₂ cm) thicker than the widest rim of the dish, and a piece that is the same size as the rim. (Roll dough back out and repeat to make more pieces.)
- Place the larger piece of crust in the bottom of the foil dish, fill with the cooled pot pie filling, and top with the smaller crust piece.
- Pinch together, then seal together with a fork. Cut 4 small slits in the middle of the crust.
- Cover each pot pie with foil and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To bake from frozen, preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C), and bake for 30 minutes with the foil on top. Remove the foil and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown.