Pull-Apart Christmas Bundt Cake
Tis the season for indulgence, and this pull apart Christmas bundt cake is the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth! Moist and fluffy with a festive sprinkle of holiday cheer, it's the perfect dessert for any winter gathering. Pull off a piece and savor the warm, gooey goodness!
for 24 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 box yellow cake mix, batter prepared according to package instructions
- 2 containers vanilla frosting
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 6 drops red food coloring, divided
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chip (260 g)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (30 g)
- 2 mini bundt pans, 12 cavity
- Calories 252
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 1g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease 2 12-cavity mini Bundt pans with nonstick spray and lightly dust each mold with flour, shaking out the excess.
- Fill each cavity about ¾ of the way with the cake batter.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes, or until cakes have risen and the tops are golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 container of vanilla frosting with the green food coloring. Add half of the remaining container of frosting to a separate medium bowl and combine with 3 drops of red food coloring. Reserve the remaining white frosting.
- Trim the bottoms of all but 2 of the bundt cakes so they sit flat, reserving the trimmings in a large bowl.
- Add the 2 remaining mini bundt cakes to the bowl with the trimmings and crumble, then add 3 tablespoons of the white frosting and stir until well combined and the mixture holds together.
- Portion the cake mixture into 10 1-tablespoon balls, rolling in your hands until smooth. Freeze until ready to coat.
- Add the white chocolate to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between, until completely melted.
- Transfer half of the melted white chocolate to a separate bowl and dye one bowl with the remaining 3 drops of red food coloring.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a skewer, dip 5 of the frozen cake balls into each color chocolate until fully coated, letting the excess drip off. Place the cake balls on the prepared baking sheet and let the chocolate set for 5 minutes, or until solid.
- Assemble the wreath: Transfer the green frosting to a piping bag fitted with a stipple tip. Transfer the red frosting to a piping bag fitted with a ribbon tip.
- Arrange the mini bundt cakes on a serving platter in 2 concentric circles. Pipe the green frosting on top of each cake and in the gaps between the cakes. Use the red frosting to pipe a bow at the bottom of the wreath. Arrange the cake balls on top as “ornaments.” Dust with the powdered sugar.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.