94% would make again
Pumpkin Spiced Latte Cinnamon Rolls
featured in 4 Desserts For Coffee Lovers
Inspired by tasty.co
for 14 servings
- 2 cups whole milk (480 mL), warm to the touch
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), melted
- ½ cup granulated sugar (100 g)
- 1 pack active dry yeast
- 5 cups flour (625 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- salt, to taste
- ¾ cup butter (170 g), softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar (165 g)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin spice mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar (120 g)
- ¼ cup coffee (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 437
- Fat 17g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Generously butter 2 cast-iron skillets or disposable foil cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the warm milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F (37-43˚C). If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm milk mixture and let sit for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups (500g) of flour to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Remove the towel and add an additional ¾ cup (95g) of flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Fix corners to make sure they are sharp and even.
- In a medium bowl, combine softened butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin spice mix, and stir well.
- Spread the mixture onto the rolled dough.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces, about 1½ inches (4 cm) thick.
- Place 7 cinnamon rolls in each skillet or cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- To prepare the frosting, in a medium mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, coffee, and milk until smooth.
- Remove the plastic wrap, then bake the cinnamon rolls for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.