98% would make again
The Best Ever Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
featured in The Best Vegan Desserts You Can Make!
Indulge in the fluffiest, most delectable vegan cinnamon rolls you'll ever taste! This easy-to-follow recipe will have you enjoying warm, gooey goodness in no time.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, to coat the foil pan
- 2 cups almond milk (480 mL), at room temperature
- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g), melted
- ¼ cup organic sugar (50 g)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 5 ½ cups flour (690 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan butter (170 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (160 g)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Calories 790
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 103g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 34g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Generously rub two disposable foil pie pans with vegan butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F (37-43˚C). If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute.
- Add 5 cups flour and 1 teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Remove the towel and add an additional ½ cup (95g) of flour and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Fix corners to make sure they are sharp and even.
- Spread the softened vegan butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces. About 1½ inches (8 cm) thick each.
- Place 7 cinnamon rolls in each cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.