The Best Ever Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
featured in The Best Vegan Desserts You Can Make!
Indulge in the fluffiest, most delectable vegan cinnamon rolls you'll ever taste! This easy-to-follow recipe will have you enjoying warm, gooey goodness in no time.
May 04, 2023
98% would make again
for 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter, to coat the foil pan
- 2 cups almond milk (480 mL), at room temperature
- ½ cup vegan butter (115 g), melted
- ¼ cup organic sugar (50 g)
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 5 ½ cups flour (690 g), divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup vegan butter (170 g)
- ¾ cup brown sugar (165 g)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (160 g)
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Calories 790
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 35g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Generously rub two disposable foil pie pans with vegan butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, melted butter, and sugar. The mixture should be just warm, registering between 100-110˚F (37-43˚C). If it is hotter, allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the yeast evenly over the warm mixture and let set for 1 minute.
- Add 5 cups flour and 1 teaspoon of salt to the milk mixture and mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- After 1 hour, the dough should have nearly doubled in size.
- Remove the towel and add an additional ½ cup (95g) of flour and salt. Stir well, then turn out onto a well-floured surface.
- Knead the dough lightly, adding additional flour as necessary, until the dough just loses its stickiness and does not stick to the surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick. Fix corners to make sure they are sharp and even.
- Spread the softened vegan butter evenly over the dough.
- Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up the dough, forming a log, and pinch the seam closed. Place seam-side down. Trim off any unevenness on either end.
- Cut the log in half, then divide each half into 7 evenly sized pieces. About 1½ inches (8 cm) thick each.
- Place 7 cinnamon rolls in each cake pan, one in the center, six around the sides. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the frosting. In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla until smooth.
- Remove plastic wrap. Bake the cinnamon rolls in a preheated oven at 350˚F (180˚C) for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown.
- While still warm, drizzle evenly with frosting.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.