S’mores Mousse Bars
This s’mores-inspired dessert has a spicy twist: McCormick® Ground Cinnamon! From the torched marshmallow topping down to the cinnamon-y graham cracker crust, this sweet treat brings all the summer vibes.
May 24, 2023
for 16 bars
Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crust
- 14.4 oz graham crackers (414 g)
- ½ teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ cup salted butter (170 g), melted
- 2 ½ teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons boiling water
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream (600 g), chilled, divided
- 10 oz semisweet chocolate chips (285 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (30 g)
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 14 oz marshmallow fluff (405 g)
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Line a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Make the cinnamon graham cracker crust: In a food processor, combine the graham crackers and McCormick® Ground Cinnamon. Process for 2 minutes, or until the crackers are completely ground. With the processor running, pour in the melted butter and continue blending until fully incorporated and the crumbs are moistened, about 3 minutes. Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan in an even layer. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate mousse: In a small bowl, combine the gelatin powder and cold water and stir until solid. Pour in the boiling water over and stir until the gelatin has dissolved. Let sit until ready to use.
- Add ½ cup of the heavy cream to a small saucepan and warm over medium heat until steaming, about 5 minutes. Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl. Once the heavy cream is hot, pour over the chocolate chips and let it sit for 3–5 minutes, then stir until melted and smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups of cream, the sugar, vanilla, and salt. Using an electric hand mixer, whip on medium speed until medium peaks form, 5–7 minutes. Add the cocoa powder and continue to whip until stiff peaks form, 3–4 minutes more. Pour in the gelatin mixture and whip for another minute on high speed, until well-incorporated.
- Fold in the melted chocolate until completely combined.
- Spread the mousse evenly over the crust. Return to the freezer for another 30 minutes.
- Make the marshmallow cream: In a small bowl, combine the sugar and McCormick® Ground Cinnamon.
- Add the marshmallow fluff to a large, microwave-safe bowl and warm in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until soft and spreadable.
- Pour three-quarters of the cinnamon mixture into the warmed marshmallow fluff and stir until incorporated.
- If needed, warm the marshmallow cream in the microwave again in 15–30-second intervals to ensure it’s spreadable, then spread the marshmallow cream over the chocolate mousse layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar over the marshmallow, then use a butter knife to swirl the cinnamon sugar into the cream.
- Gently caramelize the top of the marshmallow with a kitchen torch.
- Chill the bars in the refrigerator until ready to serve, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Cut into 16 squares and serve.