Spiced Fig Cocktail
We took one of summer’s best cocktails and turned it into a fall-inspired margarita. First, we make a cheater’s simple syrup by melting together fig jam, cinnamon, and water. Then, we shake it up with fresh lemon juice and tequila. Lastly, we coat the rim of the glass with cinnamon sugar for a sweet and spiced finish. This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
for 1 serving
- 1 lemon wedge
- ½ cup cinnamon sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon fig jam
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 oz lemon juice (25 mL)
- 1 ½ oz tequila (40 mL)
- ¼ cup ice, plus more for serving
- 1 whole cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Calories 152
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Rub the lemon wedge around the rim of the glass. Add the cinnamon sugar to a shallow bowl, then dip the rim of the glass in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, stir together the fig jam, water, and cinnamon. Microwave for 15–20 seconds, until melted and warmed through.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the fig syrup, lemon juice, and tequila. Shake vigorously for about 10 seconds, until well combined, then add the ice and shake for 10 seconds more, or until the shaker is very cold to the touch.
- Add more ice to the prepared glass, then strain the cocktail into the glass. Garnish with the cinnamon stick.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.