This content is intended solely for users of legal drinking age. Drink responsibly.
for 1 serving
- 1 cup water (240 mL)
- 1 cup tamarind pulp (225 g)
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 oz tamarind syrup (30 g), plus more for dipping
- ¾ oz fresh lime juice (30 mL)
- 1 ¾ oz pineapple infused rum (50 mL)
- ½ oz pineapple juice (15 mL)
- 1 oz blue curaçao (30 mL)
- 1 cup crushed ice (140 g)
- ¾ oz aquafaba (25 mL), (canned chickpea liquid)
- ¼ cup rainbow sugar (50 g), for garnish
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 1 pineapple leaf, for garnish
- 1 dehydrated pineapple wheel, for garnish
- 1 orange peel, for garnish
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Make the tamarind syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine the water and tamarind pulp. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 3–5 minutes. Add the sugar and continue boiling for 30 seconds more, until the sugar dissolves. Strain into a glass jar, discarding the tamarind solids, and let cool before using. The syrup will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the cocktail: Add the tamarind syrup, lime juice, pineapple-infused rum, pineapple juice, and blue curaçao to a cocktail shaker and fill with ½ cup (70 G) ice. Shake vigorously to combine. Strain the mixture into a tall glass. Discard the ice used for shaking and return the cocktail to the shaker, along with the aquafaba. Dry shake for 30 seconds, until foamy.
- Add the rainbow sugar to a small plate. Dip the rim of a hurricane glass in tamarind syrup, then carefully roll the rim in the rainbow sugar.
- Fill the glass with the remaining ½ cup crushed ice and shake the angostura bitters over the ice. Strain the cocktail into the glass and garnish with the pineapple leaf, dehydrated pineapple wheel, and orange peel.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.