86% would make again
Sweet Potato Breakfast Bars
featured in Healthy Holiday Leftovers
Inspired by dishingdelish.com
for 9 servings
- 1 ½ cups mashed sweet potato (375 g)
- 5 tablespoons almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (110 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups rolled oats (180 g)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup slivered almond (25 g)
- ⅓ cup shredded coconut (35 g)
- Calories 262
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the mashed sweet potatoes, almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla until well combined. Add the oats, cinnamon, and nutmeg and stir until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and spread in an even layer with a spatula.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with the slivered almonds and shredded coconut, pressing gently into the bars. Bake for another 10 minutes, until the coconut is lightly toasted.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then slice into 9 bars.