Vegan Crumble Muffins
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit a recipe here!
for 12 muffins
- ½ cup canola oil, or vegetable oil
- ½ cup vegan buttermilk, mix 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk, such as almond or soy, and 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar and rest for 10 minutes
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 vegan eggs, I used Bob’s Red Mill Egg Replacer but you can use flax eggs or any egg replacer of your preference
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or gluten-free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups chopped apple, or pear, or 1 cup cranberries or blueberries, or fruit of choice
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter, or coconut oil, melted
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Calories 283
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F (190°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease and flour.
- In a bowl whisk oil, buttermilk, and both of the sugar until they are dissolved.
- Mix in the eggs and the vanilla extract until they are well incorporated.
- Separately, stir together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Mix the dry ingredients to the wet ones gradually until just combined, don’t over mix.
- Fold in the apples or the fruit of your choice.
- Divide the batter in the muffin tin, use a ice cream scoop or a ¼ cup measurement.
- For the crumble, mix the melted butter with the sugars, then add the flour, oats, and cinnamon. Mix it with a spoon or a fork if you want until crumble pieces form.
- Top the muffins with the crumble mixture evenly.
- Bake the muffins for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean after inserted in the center of your muffins.
- Allow muffins to cool before eating.