79% would make again
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
featured in What's For Breakfast: Oats
for 12 servings
- 2 apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat greek yogurt (285 g)
- ⅓ cup honey (110 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (200 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup blueberry (25 g), as desired
- ¾ cup dried cranberries (95 g), as desired
- sliced almond, as desired
- rasberry, as desired
- Calories 206
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the skin from the apples and grate on the coarse side of a cheese grater. Set aside. (To prevent browning, place grated apples in a bowl and cover with lemon juice and water. Drain before adding to the batter.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy and pale.
- Add the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, to the bowl and whisk until the mixture is thick and well combined.
- Sprinkle on the rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the grated apple.
- Use a spatula to fold the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour in the almond milk and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, portion the batter into 12 muffin tin cups lined with cupcake liners.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the muffins have set and just started to turn golden brown.