Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
Rise and shine with these apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins! Moist and packed with warm spices, they're the perfect way to start your day. Plus, they're so easy to make that you'll have a batch in the oven before your coffee's even finished brewing.
for 12 servings
- 2 apples
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup full-fat greek yogurt (285 g)
- ⅓ cup honey (110 g)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups rolled oats (200 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup almond milk (240 mL)
- ¼ cup blueberry (25 g), as desired
- ¾ cup dried cranberries (95 g), as desired
- sliced almond, as desired
- rasberry, as desired
- Calories 206
- Fat 2g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 21g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Peel the skin from the apples and grate on the coarse side of a cheese grater. Set aside. (To prevent browning, place grated apples in a bowl and cover with lemon juice and water. Drain before adding to the batter.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk until foamy and pale.
- Add the greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla, to the bowl and whisk until the mixture is thick and well combined.
- Sprinkle on the rolled oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and the grated apple.
- Use a spatula to fold the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Pour in the almond milk and continue mixing until everything is well incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, portion the batter into 12 muffin tin cups lined with cupcake liners.
- Top with your choice of toppings.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the muffins have set and just started to turn golden brown.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.