94% would make again
Apple Cider Cupcakes
featured in Homemade Apple Cider And Apple Cider Cupcakes
Inspired by ohsweetbasil.com
for 12 cupcakes
- ⅔ cup brown sugar (145 g), packed
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar (65 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (185 g)
- ¾ cup apple cider (180 mL), see recipe or use store-bought
- ½ cup unsalted butter (115 g), 1 stick, room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar (240 g), sifted
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 2 tablespoons apple cider, see recipe or use store-bought
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Calories 428
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 51g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk in the eggs, 1 at a time, until fully incorporated.
- Add the baking soda, cinnamon, half of the flour, and half of the cider and whisk to combine.
- Add the remaining flour and the rest of the cider and whisk until completely combined.
- Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Pour the batter into the muffin tin, filling each cup about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Let cool.
- Make the frosting: In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese together with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar in 3 to 4 additions, mixing in between each until incorporated.
- Add the cinnamon, apple cider, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Transfer the frosting to a piping bag or zip-top bag.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cupcakes. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon.