85% would make again
Cardamom-Spiced Carrot Cupcakes
featured in Carrot Cupcakes 3 Ways
for 24 cupcakes
- 3 carrots, quartered
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 g)
- 1 cup light brown sugar (200 g), packed
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (150 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup coconut oil (240 mL), melted
- 2 tablespoons ground cardamom, plus 1 teaspoon
- 2 ⅓ cups Fisher® Chef's Naturals Pecan Halves (233 g), finely chopped, divided
Orange, Cardamom, and Ginger-Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting
- 10 oz cream cheese (300 g), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups powdered sugar (440 g)
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Calories 321
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 36g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners and grease with butter spray.
- Make the base carrot cupcake batter: In a food processor, process the carrots until finely chopped.
- In a large bowl, whip the butter with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the granulated and brown sugars, and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- In a small bowl, beat together the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg mixture to the butter mixture in thirds, beating on medium speed between each addition until fully incorporated.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in thirds, beating on low speed between each addition until incorporated.
- Add the coconut oil and beat on medium-low speed for 1 minute, until fluffy.
- Finish making the cupcakes according to your desired variation.
- For the Cardamom-Spiced Carrot Cupcakes: When making the batter, add the cardamom to the dry ingredients. Gently fold in the carrots and 1⅓ cups Fisher Pecans. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ of the way full. Bake the cupcakes for 15–17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let cool completely before frosting.
- Meanwhile, make the orange, cardamom, and ginger-spiced cream cheese frosting: In a large bowl, whip together the cream cheese and vanilla extract with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy, 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed until smooth. Add the orange zest, cardamom, and ginger, and beat until incorporated. Transfer the frosting to a piping bag fitted with a large round tip. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- To frost, place the tip of the piping bag upright at the center of a cupcake and squeeze until the cupcake is covered with frosting. Repeat with the remaining cupcakes, then garnish the edges with the remaining cup of Fisher Pecans.